2013 Massey Ferguson WR Series Windrowers WR9770 - 220 HP
Massey WR9770 Moses Lake 1
An entirely new class of windrower – cutting-edge, header to tail.
Welcome to the next generation of windrowers. And the next generation of hay. No other self-propelled windrower helps you produce quality hay faster, more efficiently, with greater precision, less fatigue, better fuel economy and lower operating costs.
• More than a dozen exclusive advances, developed in direct response to input from working hay producers.
• The first windrower ever to use an onboard virtual computer terminal to maximize productivity.
• Electro-hydraulic steering for more precision, quicker response and adjustable steering sensitivity.
• Semi-active air suspension seat that reads and adjusts to field conditions, reducing the transfer of vibrations.
• The most advanced GPS steering available. Field speeds up to 16 mph.
• New GlideRider™ rear axle suspension.
• New V-Cool™ System with an auto-reverse fan that eliminates the need for rotary screen cleaners.
• TwinMax™ Advanced Conditioning with double-crimping for faster-drying, higher quality hay.
• e3 clean air technology – the complete answer to Tier 4i compliance.
Technology: All main windrower operations are all controlled via a virtual computer terminal. Enhanced degree of precision control previously not offered on windrowers. The WR Series is the first windrower in the industry to operate all hydraulic, engine and drive functions by means of an onboard virtual computer terminal. Utilizing the most recent advances in electro-hydraulic technology, we’re now providing you with computer controls that provide a higher level of precision than has ever been available on a windrower.
Engines: AGCO POWER Tier 4i engines with e3 technology. Cleaner, more productive and economic engines deliver precise power and performance. AGCO POWER engines are known for their low end torque, torque reserve and conservative fuel consumption. The lengthy 250 hour service interval keeps the engine working longer and saves on maintenance costs.
Engine Features and Benefits:
• Lower 2160 RPM Engine: Reduced from 2600 on previous Tier III windrower engines for lower fuel consumption, reduced engine wear and higher power delivery
• 4 Valves Per Cylinder: 2 more valves per cylinder for higher air volumes into and out of the engine
• EEM4 Electronic Engine Management: Precision metering of fuel to maximize fuel economy
• e3 SCR Emissions Technology: After treatment exhaust system that lets the engine run at peak efficiencies
• Cross Flow Cylinder Heads: Improved gas exchange through the entire combustion chamber
• Mid-Cylinder Liner Support: Reduces engine vibrations for longer life and smoother running
• Fracture Split Connecting Rods: Reduces engine vibrations and increases durability of connecting rods
• Balanced Rotating Group: Smoother running engine and better power delivery
• Common Rail Fuel Injection: Higher fuel pressure creating a finer fuel spray that burns faster and better
V-Cool™ System: V-Cool™ System - Outward facing radiators combined with a hydraulic fan for greater cooling and fuel efficiencies along with auto-reversing air direction for maintenance free self cleaning. Our high-performance cooling fan, part of our new V-Cool System, goes far beyond ordinary rotary vacuum screen cleaners. Because it’s hydraulically driven, it can run at variable speeds, allowing it to match the cooling needs of the engine. Again, because it’s hydraulic, it can auto-reverse to clean out the radiators and fan screen. And that’s just what it does at 15-minute intervals. The fan reverses upon header shutdown. The reverse fan also senses the cooling performance and adjusts the fan speed or increases the reversing cycle. When you tally up all the advantages, you’ll be a fan of this fan too.
Hydraulic Drives: New generation of more efficient, electronically controlled hydraulic drives. Greater power delivery to ground and header drive systems for increased performance, higher productively.
Tandem Ground Drive Pump: The WR Series incorporates the latest version of tandem mounted Sauer-Danfoss* hydraulic pumps. The tandem pump is electronically controlled for a higher degree of precision accuracy. The operating noise of the tandem pump has also been reduced, creating a quieter operating environment.
High Speed Drive Motors: The high speed drive option features bent axis variable displacement wheel drive motors. This gives both the pump and motor variable displacement: allowing for increased torque to drive motors during field operation.
Gradeability: Going up steep grades can often be challenging for windrowers. However, windrowers equipped with the high speed drive motor option provide approximately 14% higher gradeability (aka tractive effort) than the standard speed fixed displacement wheel drive motors. This puts the windrowers power to the ground more efficiently to climb even the toughest hills.
Electro-Hydraulic Steering: Full power precision steering control for improved windrower handling and faster transport speeds. The electro-hydraulic steering provides precision windrower steering with quick response time. By controlling hydraulic pump displacement electronically, the windrower is easier to drive and capable of faster operating speeds without compromising steering control and stability. A sensor in the steering wheel sends a signal to the main controller, which then sends a signal to the drive system’s EDC (Electronic Displacement Control) which adjusts the swash plate angle, changing the drive pump displacement thus steering the windrower.
Adjustable Steering: Operator fatigue is also reduced as the windrower force needed to move the steering wheel is lower and even adjustable. The operator can select how much resistance they want on the steering wheel as well as the steering wheel sensitivity. If the operator only wants a little steering wheel movement to turn the windrower they can increase the sensitivity to high, or if they want more movement to turn the windrower they can set it to low. This allows for customized adaptability to match operator’s driving preference.
GlideRider™ Suspended Rear Axle: Durable, adjustment free rear axle for improved ride and reduced operator fatigue. The suspended rear axle is composed of a solid, oscillating rear axle beam attached to the frame by parallel link arms on both sides with a lateral support arm underneath. Providing the suspension are two gas shocks and a spring in the center of the axle. This system provides an optimal amount of travel, while still being strong enough to handle pivot tracks and irrigation borders without compromising structural integrity. There are no adjustments required, minimizing maintenance time and repair cost. Machine bounce is reduced while traveling over rough field conditions; helping to increase operator comfort and increase field speeds.
Operator's Environment: Completely redesigned for superior operator comfort and convenience. The windrower cab has been re-designed to reduce operation noise while increasing operator comfort and reducing operator fatigue. Extra sound deadening material has been added to the cab, along with a thicker floor mat and headliner, to create a quieter operating environment. The new steering column, has been integrated to give operators a higher range of steering wheel placement adjustments.
Semi-active Air Ride Seat (optional): Specifically designed for windrower applications, providing a smoother ride at higher field speeds. The optional semi-active seat reacts to changes in field conditions and adjust the suspension of the seat for improved ride and reduced bounce. The seat controller has a refresh rate of 67 times per second. Since most windrower forces are side to side and fore and aft (not up and down) the semi-active seat is equipped with side to side and fore and aft isolators to reduce the jarring forces that an operator endures during windrower operation. The seat cushions have also been specifically designed for the windrower as they heavily padded on the sides to help keep the operator in their seat, similar to seat cushions on a sports car.
Semi-active Seat Features:
• Semi-active, self adjusting suspension
• Ride dampening control
• Fore and aft suspension
• Side to side suspension
• Customized windrower seat cushions
• Seat cushion angle adjustment
• Seat cushion depth adjustment
• Leather side bolsters
• Seat heating
• Seat cooling
• Specifically designed for WR Series
FieldMax™ Monitor: Full color ISOBUS monitor coupled with CAN BUS controllers to operate all primary windrower functions. Virtually all functions of the Windrower are controlled from right here, offering you immediate access to features like a fuel economy monitor, performance monitor, header flotation settings – even diagnostics and troubleshooting. We’ve made sure each one is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to navigate while you operate the windrower. The main dashboard is icon-based for no-nonsense readability. And a simple, yet comprehensive icon guide is attached to the console for easy reference.
A wealth of useful information is displayed here, including:
• Miles per hour
• Header and engine RPMs
• Fuel levels
• Diesel exhaust fluid
• Coolant temperature
• Left/right flotation
• Header tilt, header height
• Engine oil pressure
• Header drive motor pressure (Acts as a pacer for optimum speed)
• The four main screens include a main work screen/dashboard, engine information screen, fuel economy meter and acre counter.
Fuel Economy Monitor: We talk about fuel usage in acres per gallon (acres per gallon is fuel used to cut an area) as this gives the end user the fuel economy for the actual work he is doing, not just over the time that he spent in operation. By comparing acres per gallon the operator can make adjustments to maximize his fuel economy versus his operating speed. For example, even though the field speed is up to 16 mph, the best fuel economy might be at 12.5 mph.
System 150 Precision AutoSteering™: Completely integrated autosteering for "Plug & Play" installation. No additional steering mechanism for quicker response time and a higher level of driving accuracy. All windrowers are pre-wired to accept the Topcon Precision150 AutoSteering system. There is no additional steering wheel required to mount the autosteering system on the windrower. This is because an electronic signal from the System 150 is sent to the windrowers steering controller located under the fuel tank. The autosteering signal is then converted into a steering signal that operates the drive pumps. Since there is no mechanical linkages or steering wheel systems to work through the response time for the autosteering system is drastically reduced, giving operators a much higher degree of steering accuracy.
• Plug & Play—Fully integrated system
• Field Speed: up to 16 mph
• GPS signal from AGI-3 receiver to GX45 console (Topcon monitor) to main controller to ground drive pumps
• Fast response time
• Steering wheel doesn’t move
• Works on borders, pivots and contours
• Industries best windrower Autosteering system
21 mph Road Transport: Faster transportation speeds without reversing the travel direction or added rear axle steering assist mechanisms. All windrower models (except for the WR9725) may be equipped with the factory installed high speed transport option. Since the electro-hydraulic steering provides a higher level of windrower control, there is no need for added steering assist mechanisms on the rear axle. There is also no need to reverse the travel direction of the windrower.
QuadBoost™: The 4.9L AGCO POWER engine with QuadBoost (WR9760 only) uses higher volumes of airflow and fuel to generate high horsepower levels. This is not uncommon for AGCO POWER engines as they operate at high power density levels in many applications. Power density is how much horsepower is being produced per volume of combustion space and is measured in horsepower per liter. The 4.9L QuadBoost operates at 40 hp/L. In comparison the AGCO Power 8.4L operates at a higher 46 hp/L level.
- Type: Hydraulic with independent left/right adjustable computer control
- Length overall without header - in. (mm): 199.7 (5,074)
- Wheelbase - in. (mm): 137 (3,482)
- Height - top of cab: in. (mm) (23.1-26 Turf Tires): 137.8 (3,501)
- Tread width drive tires - in. (mm): 130.7 (3,320)
- Tread width tail wheels - min. in. (mm): 84 (2,135)
- Tread width tail wheels - max. in. (mm): 129 (3,278)
- Weight (approximate) w/o header - lb. (kg) 11,420 (5,180)
- Field range - mph (km/h): 0 to 16 (0 to 26) (With High Speed Option)
- Road range - mph (km/h) (optional): 0 to 21 (0 to 34)
- Model: AGCO Power 66 CTA
- Horsepower (kW): 220 (164)
- Displacement - cu in. (L): 403 (6.6)
- Fuel tank capacity - US GAL (L): 130 (492)
- Type: Double planetary gear reduction
- Tandem pump: Sauer Danfoss H1 Axial Piston Pump
- Type: Hydraulic with independent left/right adjustable computer control
- Drive wheels: 23.1-26 Bias Turf (R3); 23.1-26 Radial Turf (R3); 620/75R26 Radial Bar (R1)
- Tail wheels: 14L-16.1, 8-ply implement rib; 16.5L-16.1, 10-ply implement rib
- Draper Header
- Razorbar Disc Header
- Sickle (Auger) Header
- Engine Manufacturer / Type
- AGCO Power 66 CTA
- Engine Power
- 220 hp (164 kW)
- Fuel Capacity
- 130 gal. (492 L)
- 199.7 in. (5,074 mm)
- Top of Cab: 137.8 in. (3,501 mm)
- 11,420 lb. (5,180 kg)
- 137 in. (3,482 mm)